Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Friday 11 November 2011

Remember , today and all days

"When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep?" -George Canning

So much more that has been and can be said about our heroes of the past and present . I had thought of  transcribing a excerpt from my grandfathers journal about my Great Uncle George and his heroism and sad loss. But it makes me cry so hard. And also I cannot single out just one . So many men and women we have known , or should have known...

Stay safe and remember them

5 comments:

Country Gal said...

Nice tribute for Rememberance day !

Cut-N-Jump said...

Well said as always my friend. Well said. May we never forget those who have served and remember to thank those who serve now.

Linda said...

Amen! I stole your poppy and caption on FB b.t.w. ;)

nccatnip said...

Very Nice, FV

Shirley said...

God bless them all.