Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Friday 23 December 2011

A Christmas wish


I will make a wish this Christmas Eve
For all  to give and to  receive

I promise I  won't wish for very much
Just  all creatures to  have a  loving touch

That joy and comfort and peace are shared
that shelter abounds and lives are spared

That families rejoice for loved ones come home
that no one is left afraid and alone

that no one is hungry ,or out on the cold
I will wish for this ,If I may be bold

It may seem impossible, this gift to receive
But it can happen ,I have to believe

For all to be loved, and kept  warm and safe
This is what I wish, in continuing faith.

Merry Christmas  to all !
And as always , stay safe and warm!
With Love ,
Sherry

11 comments:

GoLightly said...

Wait a second, what day is this?? Isn't it Christmas Eve eve?

Either way, love your poetry, sweet-voiced FV.
Your wishes are mine.

Merry Christmas!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wonderful! Love the new header, too.

Merry Christmas!

~Lisa

aurora said...

Wonderful wish! Thanks for sharing in my blog, I truly enjoy your visits. Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Jeni said...

Beautiful.

Merry Christmas Sherry!

Trailboss said...

Beautifully said. Merry Christmas my friend.

Knotty Dogs said...

I love this! Merry Christmas!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Beautiful poetry.
Awesome header.

Merry Christmas to all!

Ami said...

Hope it's all you dreamed of.

Janice said...

Well done Sherry... It's a wonderful wish.Happy Christmas Eve. Type at you in the New Year.

Prairie Ridge Performance Horses said...

Wonderful words!! I wish a safe and warm CHristmas for all, a warm hearth, good food, and good friends and family at your side!!

Nicole said...

beautiful!