Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Friday 27 July 2012

Fridays for sale, a little different

 So before I start on mine, I need to remind you to check out other bloggers Fridays for sale posts. 
Janice of Own A Morgan  is one, and of Course there is Nitro at Ride a good Horse
And Crystal at Ranch Riding   has tack and horses for sale.
I too have a couple of horses for sale , and some tack , but today is a little different.
Did you know I wrote a book?LOL .
Yup I did , actually I wrote 2! 
Anyhow , the publisher is doing a large ad campaign on television, and I was invited to participate, this is the rough draft of the book trailer ,both the short and long versions .Any thoughts? 
I am hopeful that it will increase sales , but at the very least it sure was fun to be a part of!










Stay safe everyone

9 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Great trailers. I first learned about book trailers earlier this week when a writer friend asked me to review a contract she was about to sign with a publisher. Producing a trailer for her book was a part of the deal.

Cheyenne said...

Sherry, you are so inspiring. Seriously. I'm such a slacker for not getting a cheque in the mail to you-cause I need a book! :)

I love Fridays for sale, I think it's a great idea.

cdncowgirl said...

I had no idea there were trailers for books!

Crystal said...

How cool! I love them:) And I love the trailers too.

GoLightly said...

Will you please keep blogging once you are a member of the fabulously famous set?

Way cool, FV!!

aurora said...

Cool! I didn't know they did this for books either.

Sherry, after watching these I wanted you to know I had trouble finding your book website through Google, and typing it in. Now I know why, they've got it wrong :( Sorry, but I for one would want to know. I've worked in Marketing my whole adult life, and always appreciate knowing.

It's tails trails - not trails tails. I truly hope you can get this fixed, because it's a very nice plug!!

http://tailstrailsandcampfirestories.com/

Shirley said...

Really nicely done trailers. I hope it boosts your sales, I know I really enjoy my book; I think you should do one of the Cowboy Poetry Gatherings.

greymare said...

when, where and what time on tv is this suppose to air? awesome girl/

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Not entirely sure yet Deb, as soon as I know I will be shouting it from the rooftops