Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Wednesday 2 September 2015

September song

Well actually this was in August, August 29 to be exact,but a song all the same .My dad singing to his granddaughter  Deanna as we all watched her walk down the aisle to become Mrs Scott!
I am so proud of my dad and of my beautiful niece!



August literally flew by with the preparations for company, and the wedding , also 2 other weddings just the week before!
Our own "Almighty Marshmellow "Mel!!! And also my good friends Annette and Keith  were married on the 21 and 22 . 2 very different but beautiful ceremonies.






Beyond that it has been business as usual, or unusual, due to a poorly closed gate, the renters yearlings got out and we had a merry chase in the neighborhood bringing a total of 88 home in groups of 10-20 over 4 days . Color me happy? NOT!  but we got it done and that is what counts.
And now I am trying to do a quick update on the blog and get a few things done before heading to Seattle on friday for a whirlwind trip to yet another wedding!
Hoping to catch up on what everyone else has going on soon and maybe start a few more regular posts in Sept.
Till then ,stay safe my friends

3 comments:

aurora said...

I've been thinking about you, it's so good to hear from you!! Your dad has a beautiful voice, that was priceless! He did a great job. Thanks for sharing :)

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos ! Your dad sounded wonderful . My nephew got married on the 29th of August to . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

kden said...

I don't even remember the last wedding I was at. You've topped my attendance in just the past few weeks! How sweet and special for your Dad to be able to sing for his Granddaughter.