Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Thursday 1 October 2015

Seeing September go by

September has come and gone What did we do with the month?
 We put us some hay and had a great group to come help pick bales out of the field

 We attended the Wild Rose Rodeo association finals and watched my cousin Steve in the team roping and calf roping. Forgot the good camera so no real pics of the event
 this photo didn't turn out well so I played with it, I like the effect , it actually turned out to be kind of fun 

I took a lot of pictures in September, some of my cousin and his family


 and some just around home 









Then I took a walk in Edmonton with Martin, Henry, and  my niece Tara and I took some more pics !







we had to walk back up these stairs also , luckily this is only half way, I am glad we didn't go all the way into the river valley, I might still be trying to get up ! 
because the other thing I did in September was to get kind of sick,well actually pretty sick as in maybe a kidney stone and also, well for sure I have shingles! Holy crap! I knew Shingles hurt but I had no idea how truly painful it is ... until now! On the mend now but as soon as I get better I am going to get the vaccine , no way I want to do this twice!
Other than that , life goes on  and is pretty good. shipping calves on Monday and we will continue "gathering nuts" for winter. 
Hope everyone is well and is staying safe! 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the shingles and other stuff - sounds nasty!

But the rest of your month looks pretty good, and it was nice to hear from you.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh shingles do hurt I have been told yes get the shot. Your photos are amazing and put a big smile on my face. Take care. Hug B

kden said...

Love the fall photos, especially of your family. My 20 y/o just had a stone and some earlier this summer. She was also blessed with shingles when she was 7. She always has to go against the norm :) Hope you're feeling better now. You look darn hot in that one photo; you're dog had the right idea.

Shirley said...

Love the photos especially the one of you and Martin. Truly sucks that you got shingles, sure hope it clears up quickly.
September went by way too fast.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I'm living vicariously through your fall photos. I can feel the cool temps from here. I've heard horror stories about shingles. Sorry you had to experience that, and kidney stones. Sounds like a painful month for you. My husband used to get kidney stones so often that he kept hard liquor on hand, even though he's not a drinker. It worked better than most pain killers.

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos . Oh OUCH ! I hope you get better and feel better soon . I know September flew by for us to . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

Cut-N-Jump said...

Glad you're on the mend. That sounds rough.

I LOVE your scenery. Can the girls and I come live there???

Cut-N-Jump said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

Lots going on, glad you are feeling better after the kidney stones and shingles. Such pretty country there and love the pics of you guys in on the walk.

aurora said...

Beautiful Fall photos!! Hope you feel better & stay well!

GoLightly said...

You take the best pictures!!
Sorry to hear about shingles, yikes, they are horrible. Hope they abate, and you come back to full fighting form!

Had to laugh at the pictures of Henry in puddles, but WOW, do you like good in those zexy boots!

Take good care!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

thank you all, and CNJ, absolutely!