Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Picture this, oops! forgot to hit post!

I started this Post on November 4, then , not sure what happened  but I am finishing it now.
I had a request for more Henry pics, so here you go! 




As you can see we had a dusting of snow! 


guys that play hard, sleep hard too 

Henry and his pet kitty Delilah

" I jes rode into town looking for the man who shot my paw" LOL hat is backwards but he was not actually cooperating as well as it looks 


 Also a distant cousin of Martins ,that we met just last year sent me these lovely little tree ornaments! custom made for the boys!


Henry ,like Winston is an animal planet junkie! 

 I also captured some pics of this little fellow  tappity tapping away



Finally got the feeder barrels hung, took a couple adjustments and some false starts to keep them hung up, but they seem good now, tied in place with holes drilled in the side then stabilised with a rachet strap.LIkely U bolts would work better but I think they would seize in the weather and we would have difficulty moving the feeders if we wanted to.This makes them easy to shift around . As for how they work? so far so good Phoenix is doing very well with his and Cactus. well although he is not impressed he is using it and holding weight without wasting hay so I call it a win.
I have one day a week now that I am gone from 9 in the morning to & at night. I could get family to do chores but I wanted to see if this worked. So Marc or Dad let the dogs out for me ,but I feed the horses in the morning , filling the feeder with what would be almost a full days ration, and they still have hay when I get home !  I call that a win! 


Speaking of my long day, I am travelling quite a ways north and ,my drive can be a real Hinterland who's who lol .
Last week I saw a black bear (too far for pics and I didn't really want to get a whole lot closer) 
and these three lovelies! 

Life is pretty good, I am getting ready to haul Cat and Andee to the barn for the winter and get back on track coaching, hoping to also get back into swimming again now that I am healed up. 
Gotta move it or lose it!
Stay safe  my friends 

3 comments:

Ami said...

I love all the pictures. Henry sure has grown! Those ornaments are amazing!
I liked the woodpecker pic, it looks a lot like the guy who lands on our neighbor's roof every spring and pecks at the big bowl they have on top of their chimney. Very loud through the neighborhood.

Cut-N-Jump said...

Love the ornaments.

The critters get bigger all the time. Love the idea for the feeders. I've adopted a similar idea for Sunday mornings.

kden said...

Glad you finally finished this post, it was worth the wait :) All the fur and feathered babies are looking good this season.