Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Thursday 28 February 2019

My Muse beckons

One of the things I find I miss most about blogging regularly, other than all of my wonderful frends is, the writing. Simple right? I seem to get busy running in circles and forget to sit done and write. Well I think my muse is tired of that crap and I have been feeling a strong pull to open my mind and share. Not just on Facebook or social media, but to REALLY  share . SO I am sitting at my desk, both elbows feeling fine and well able to type and sharing my thoughts. For now just with my computer but ...
What I did share so far on social media is this :
apparently I am entitled to more vacation time than I thought. So am now blessed with a few random days off to do ... well I intended to do nothing, and do far I am knocking that plan right out of the park. But also feeling called to do some writing. Not poetry this time, but something different. I wrote an essay/short story for submission to a writing contest last fall and it seems to be calling me to come back and write some more of that story. Will it ever become a book? Maybe, or maybe it will only be a little story I tell myself. Either way when the muse beckons ,I must follow.
Here is the first line
"In the beginning it was simple. Just the girl and her dreams"

Lets see where my muse takes me! 
I am also going to set time in my calendar every day, to "connect" everyone talks about disconnecting ,but I am good at that it seems I need to reconnect with my writing and my blog, and with you, my wonderful friends. See you soon and stay safe

4 comments:

IanH said...

Welcome back, Sherri. We missed you!

Cut-N-Jump said...

Looking forward to more blog pots and maybe comments on the othe blogs??? lol Sometimes it is hard to just stop and get a hold of things in life. I'm glad you're setting time aside for yourself and your writing. Maybe a book or a collection of short stories?

aurora said...

Great photo choice to go with your first line! I wonder where "that road" will take you??

Crystal said...

I'm sure it will be a good read no matter where it leads you. Glad your muse is pushing you to write again