Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Monday 20 July 2020

Baby Foxy pics and a ramble


Apparently I got enough sleep last night and have had some time to think. Its been a while since I shared the tangled passages of my mind but here you go! 


For years people have been lamenting that they wished “if only horses could talk”. And for an equal amount of time,I imagine, horses have been lamenting to themselves “if only people would listen”
One of my favorite things about horses and Appaloosas in particular is their style of communication. Straightforward no confusion, all you have to do is listen, pay attention, and be mindful of what you ask for. A horse is listening to everything, you say, you do, and even what you are thinking of or looking at. That is a master of communication!
They will give you exactly what you ask for even if that’s not what you thought asked for. So listen to them and be careful what you ask and how.
And there is nothing like an Appaloosa to humble you, they’re always paying attention, they’re always thinking. And if you put them in a tough spot they will help you out of it. But if you should choose to lash them for doing so they are perfectly happy to hand you your own ass.
Is it wrong to wish that people communicated so clearly?

Now the promised baby pictures! And also a lovely moment, Angela made it out to visit her Arse , after a long stretch of no travel! 




that's all for now, got some more thinking to do! 
Stay safe friends! 

2 comments:

aurora said...

Cute pics! I like it when you share your rambles, there is so much truth in them. About that horse communication, if only I could settle my mind into *only thinking* what I was hoping to communicate!! That would be a miracle! Says the girl with an overactive mind.

Miss Izzy said...

Foxy is definitely a fitting name! What a cutie she is.

The part about communication- our horses pick up on a lot more than we know. Our thoughts, our words and our body language may be sending all kinds of mixed signals and they get to sort through all of it trying to figure out what we want them to respond to and how? It's a wonder they put up with us some days. Lol