Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Thursday 20 July 2023

3 days in a row!

But I have good reason! The Fern Valley “hostage situation“ is resolved. The Drama Queen foaled early this morning. No queen’s ransom required.
the following video is perfectly normal and natural, but like nature , a littl messy so if you aren't positive you want to see it, scroll on













So now you know one of the other little projects I had on the go .
Now the name game begins. 

 

3 comments:

aurora said...

Congrats!! Beautifully marked baby! Can't believe you caught the birth in action. It goes so fast. Must be all the sage practice you have :)

Shirley said...

Looks like a nice healthy foal! Filly? Looks to be the same colour as her mama but I'm wondering if she will go palomino. I have seen some photos of foals that ended up palomino that were that colour.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Shirley, yes a filly. and Aurora, I think it might have just been luck!