Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Sunday 14 July 2013

A little bit different

I have  not  posted any poems in some  time, and this  one is  not  really horse related, but here it  is,

For  those  who  suffer pain, emotional and or physical;

 On a  good day I can do anything
Just like I could before
On other days I try and fail,
As pain begins to soar
It comes and goes, from time to time
For no rhyme or any reason
Not from overwork or stress,
The weather or the season
Not from something I have done wrong
I did not rest too little
 Or too long
Day to day I walk a line
But if you ask me, I am just fine
Because I am overall,
The pain is a part of me that’s small
It does not change my heart or mind
It is simply not how I am defined
I am not alone, nor first to feel
This pain that is so very real
Judgement comes now and again
From those who cannot see
What is going on inside or
 How those words hurt me
Yet on a good day I can do anything
Just like I could before…

Stay  safe, and  be kind

10 comments:

Willow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paola said...

I loved your poem.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh this is absolutely beautiful. I know exactly what you are saying. HUGS HUGS HUGS. B

kestrel said...

Wow, you said it all for a lot of us. Living with pain is not an easy thing, and sometimes people without a clue express some pretty ignorant opinions.

It is what it is.

Hope it subsides soon girl, and you sure get a ton of stuff done in spite of it! take it easy for a bit.

kden said...

Beautifully expressed.

GoLightly said...

Your poem helped me so much, you have no idea.
Something "clicked" in this old head.
Suddenly, I forgave a certain person.
He needed it, and I needed to.

Thank you for being there, Fern.

Thanks for being my kind stone.

Nicole said...

Very nice. I think a lot of people can relate to this!

Cut-N-Jump said...

Well said as always.

Willow said...

Sorry I went on and on the first time so used an eraser in my first comment above... I so can feel what you are saying ...it hits home here with me deeply. Thanks for sharing.

Shirley said...

I can sure relate- pain? What pain? It becomes a part of you but doesn't define you.