Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Remember Maggie? The "not so" Wild card, and the Pool boy

FV Sparks Image,(Maggie)  by Windwalker Cactus,out of my sweet Jazzy mare (Fern Valley's Jazz)
Now do you remember her?
Sold to Kat, who turned out to be daughter of an old schoolmate, so that particular sale  netted me a new friend  Kat, and reconnected me with an old one as well.
Of all the folks I have sold horses to, (I have been  blessed to have updates on many of them)  Miss Kat , has been the best at keeping me up to date on hers and Maggie's progress and adventures. Just when I begin to wonder how things are going or when I will next hear,I get a text or  email update. Sometimes just a quick update or a hello, but sometimes I get pictures, and even better? VIDEO!!



So pleased with this gal and Maggie, they are just a wonderful match! 
Kat is starting a new venture as well, taking on some horses over the next year  to train ! I would say  work she has done with Maggie, who she trained herself is a pretty darn good advertisement! 

Wilder is still here,though we did have a young girl out her yesterday to try him out. Hard to say whether  the family will be back, the girl seemed to really like him and did very well riding him,stayed on  walking trotting ,backing etc for nearly an hour. But, there are a lot of good horses out there so while I believe mine are the best (because they are lol)  People have to go with what they feel is the best choice.
But since this sweet horse is here and  truly as sweet horse, he is he took on the role of Equine assisted therapy coach  with the young fellow I work with last evening as well .Cool thing about Wilder is,he had just been in and ridden for an hour, I had barely turned him out when  my client arrived, and yet when I went out to get him he met me at the gate! 



 Just the right horse to help this fellow  with focus and calm. I would love to go into details of the exercise,but that  kinda gives away a few more details about this  kiddo than I want to . Hoping to get together with a few other coaches soon and do a demo day  so we can explain the program better and with any luck I will have video or photos  as well. Suffice to say some of the other pictures I didn't take of this pair involved an ear to ear smile!

That's is it for now ,other than it has been hot, the first cut of hay on  one field is done and Marc has a great start on the next one. Martin is home this week and hoping to be able to get into the field as well, but we are watching the weather ,with rain forecast they don't want to cut anymore just yet. So martin moved bales while Marc  baled today. But we did get a rare  relaxed moment  out of Martin yesterday !
Gotta figure its pretty hot when we can get him to relax in the "Redneck dipping pool! "


Stay safe my friends

7 comments:

aurora said...

Nice that the folks you've sold horses to stay in contact, especially with updates like this. What a precious photo of Wilder connecting with your client!! He sure looks like a sweet, special horse.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Ditto to what aurora said.

Crystal said...

Maggie is sure looking good, she has done a nice job. You sure you dont wanna keep Wilder around now hes so good at his job?

Cut-N-Jump said...

Martin looks like he could use a cold drink to go with that dippin' pool moment....

Nicole said...

I like your pool!

Shirley said...

Good boy Wilder! I agree, you might have to keep him around for a while... but then you have plenty where he came from!

GoLightly said...

Very impressive, Maggie looks great! That little girl is well on her way to becoming a wonderful rider.

Wilder's expression made me tear up.

xoxo