Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Sunday 22 February 2015

Hot and cold, and Fridays for sale on Sunday

I have been asked by a friend to post a couple of her saddles for sale her on the blog. The friend is the young lady who bought Maggie from me, so I can vouch for her honesty, and also that the tack will have  been very well cared for.
 The first saddle is a dark walnut western rawhide with a 15 inch seat full quarter horse bars with a 6 and 3/4" gullet and its just a pleasure saddle($700). And the second saddle is a THSL roping saddle, its hand made in Texas, it has never been roped off of it has about 20 rides on it and it has a 15 inch seat full quarter horse bars with an 8 inch gullet.($900)

If you are interested in either , email me at fernvalleyappaloosas@hotmail.ca and I will put you in touch with Kat



As for the hot and cold, that has been the weather, freezing cold to freezing rain,melting then freezing again, it is pretty slick around here, and I have messed up my ankle, and elbow so I am taking it a bit easy , using the gator to get around for chores more than walking.As you can see , my entourage is also taking it easy.


 Today was a nice warm day so I took advantage and did walk a bit and took some photos






 just your average morning at the funny farm ! lol 






Stay warm and safe my friends!

5 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

You have warm temps I have to say I am jealous:) Take care love your photos. Hug B

aurora said...

The funny farm commentary/photo made me laugh out loud! It's good to see Winston has resumed his role as co-pilot & entertainer. Take it easy on that slickery stuff, it'll get you when you least expect it.

Country Gal said...

Hope your ankle and elbow get better soon ! Lucky you to have warm temps we are still in a deep freeze -35C with out the wind chill BRR ! They are saying it is the coldest winter since the 70s and as a kid on the farm back then I remember what the winters were like . Oh come on spring lol ! Lovely photos . Thanks for sharing .Have a good week !

Ami said...

I don't need any saddles but I really think I need a dog.

Now if I can just get my man to agree.

C-ingspots said...

Beautiful pictures Sherry. You paint the perfect nostalgic feeling of "winter on the farm", Norman Rockwell style. I love it! And it is so good to see Winston and Skeeter up to their old antics! Hope you recover soon...be careful! Us mature ladies don't heal up quite as quickly as we once did. Personally speaking anyway.