Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Sunday 12 March 2017

A beautiful Birdie!

So now for the big news! Family day, I got a call, that my niece Tara had delivered her baby!
I tried my best to wait but I did rush in to see her that day!
Babies name is Birdie Patrica , named in part for her grandmother (my mom Patricia) her Cree name is Pyesis (Bird ) her dad is Cree.
Anyhow, I  wrote a poem for Tara, when we found out she was expecting, and it was posted here.
Well after meeting Birdie, another poem came to me.
 I have had an odd relationship with birds of late, with a raven hanging around very close to the house over the past year or so since mom passed, also Eagles and owls staying near and gracing my presence more than usual.
I guess they were trying to tell me something!
Not all the photos are mine, I have scoffed some from family off of Facebook
 Proud Grandfather 

Ecstatic Grandmother ! Nana Heather !
 Great Auntie Sherry , Great Uncle Martin
 The beautiful little family

 Already the apple of her dads eye! 


Great  Grandpa Ron! 
 Loving Auntie Dee 

 Great Great Auntie Elsie


Me and "my" girls my heart is full 
 And here is the poem
A little Bird Story
The raven and crows chuckled out their delight
Staying just out of reach
But not out of sight,
They would laugh and tease
A secret they knew
A secret I asked?
No, we won’t tell you!
An eagle soared high
And the grouse started drumming
What’s it all about?
There’s a miracle coming!
A single white feather drifted to the ground
The message it brought
there is hope to be found!
Excitement and joy in all far and near
Be patient, said wise owl
The times not yet here
Then suddenly, magically
On a morning, so bright.
The Chickadees sang their song of delight!
And what did the little birds sing on that day?
That Birdie Patricia, had come home to stay!

That is all for now .
Stay safe friends! 

5 comments:

aurora said...

Love the special poem, and all those smiles!! Babies bring such joy into the world, enjoy your great niece!

Cut-N-Jump said...

Oh my. She has plenty of family to dote on her, doesn't she? Love the poem. It fits so well.

kden said...

Beautiful poem and I love her name. Congrats to all!

Crystal said...

She is adorable and such a perfect poem too

Unknown said...

Love the poem. It fits so well.


จอมเวทย์มหากาฬ