Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Wednesday 11 October 2017

International Girls day

Not a horse or farm post. In light of today being international day of the girl I thought I would share this


"For the girls " 
Who is this woman?
Who is this girl? 
She's somebody's daughter,
she's somebody's world.
She is meek she is fierce. 
She shy she is bold. 
A she wolf or angel 
She is young
She is old 
She's not just her looks
or the hue of her skin 
she is,
special,
for magic, 
comes from within.
Who is that woman 
Who is that girl 
She's somebody's daughter 
She's somebody's world.

So for all of the girls! Mothers daughters , sisters friends! 
Its your day! 
Stay safe 


2 comments:

Shirley said...

Nice :0)

aurora said...

What a great poem & way to celebrate the day!!