Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Friday 26 October 2018

On to the rest of the year so far.

So since our mini vacation in September we have been doing the usual, work sleep, eat,repeat.
Oh and I published another book... actually two!
Another collection of cowgirl poetry "Cowgirl Logic,Its not just about the horses" 


and my first venture into children's stories "Why ?Mother Earth and Father Sky" illustrated by none other than Mel (Almighty Marshmellow)of our old blog crew! 

I also have a farm first aid tips and tricks volume in  the works. SO I have in fact been writing, just not so much on the blogs.
It is my hope that that is about to change. Since I started I actually wrote 4 posts in one day! I have them scheduled because I also am about to have some down time. Thursday October 25 I am going t have my right elbow replaced (so by the time you read this I should be on the road to recovery) Had my left one done 2 yrs ago and I guess as a result of overuse and Rheumatoid Arthritis it is time to do this one. My recovery was super last time and very straightforward so I am looking forward to the relief . 
I have spent the last few days/weeks readying myself and the farm as much as I can fro the downtime. Martin is home and Mel is here to help out along with my family so I am sure it will all go well. Foals are weaned and hanging out in the barn so I think I am ready. Even if I am not its happening so I best buckle up! 

Thanks to all who have stuck with me, I am off to read other blogs, catch up and rest up! 
Meanwhile as always , stay safe! 

5 comments:

aurora said...

Oh my goodness, I am so jealous! I always wanted to be a children's author & especially an illustrator, for many reasons. The one book, semi-written for decades in my head, is mulling around up there with all the other cobwebs. I love that you are writing and sharing all your wisdom & amazing talents!! Can you rub some of your follow through-ability, on me?!! You are a go-getter! I wouldn't even know where/how to publish a book these days, with everything being so digital. I love Mel's cover illustration. Bet her illustrations flow beautifully, and enhance your eloquent writing. Great cover photo you chose for your Cowgirl Logic book. If I remember correctly it is you & your beloved Johnny <3 Wishing you a full speedy recovery with your surgery. Take good care!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Congratulations on all the books, and I wish you a happy recovery. I'm getting my hip replaced, but have to wait until after my son's wedding in March, which means yet another year of no horseback riding. I missed out last year because the doctors kept taking basic x-rays and telling me I was fine. It turned out that if they just took more views, they would have seen that my hip was totally wrecked and useless. I'm not sure why they couldn't see that just from the way I tried to walk, but oh well. Half the battle is getting a proper diagnosis, because everyone in the medical industry is too rushed to pay attention and do a thorough job. You seem to have good doctors who help you get things fixed.

IanH said...

Very happy to see you blogging again! Congratulations on the new book..

Cut-N-Jump said...

Look at you go girl. There's no holding you back when it comes to getting things done. I hope your surgery goes off without a hitch and you're back to better than good in short order.

Crystal said...

You are so awesome and I love all the books your write! I love how you just get stuff done :)