Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Tuesday 23 October 2018

So very much to say! And a LOT of pictures ! Part one

Wow! I have not posted since February! I cant believe how the time has flown by! I have started and stopped so many times posting, thinking I had so much to say and yet nothing? Weird right?
Since my last post in February, we took our annual trip to Mexico





Which was , as always a wonderful brief respite, fueling us to face the rest of Winter and the year.
Once I got home I hit the ground running with several trips around Alberta. I have taken on a new part of my job, as facilitator for MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID, Basic . This is a big jump out of my comfort zone, but a project I believe very strongly in. I have taught in Grand Prairie, Lac La Biche, St Paul, and Westlock so far, with no end in sight! In June I also trained as facilitator for the Seniors version of this program so busy busy!

In the midst of all of thisa , we had our usual winter/spring  routine, calving, chores etc.
I also traveled to the MAne Event in Red Deer, instead of doing this alone, a group of fellow equine authors joined together to share and collaborate!
What a great time! 

Got home for my birthday and was blessed to ave another collaborative effort made on my behalf with little Miss Birdie helping to make a birthday cake for me! 

cake decorating is Exhaustipating!! 


Then in  June, on a very rainy cold morning




This little darling arrived! FV Windwalkers Treasure! A filly By Windwalkers Cactus , out of The Drama Queen.

No time to enjoy and watch her as almost immediately Lacey Colicked. It was a long cold afternoon with her in the barn and watching waiting and worrying, but she rallied and was fine the next day.
Which was the first day of training for my MHFA for seniors program. Tough start,but I got through.
I will leave it for here, and continue in the next post!
Stay safe my friends, I have missed you !

4 comments:

C-ingspots said...

My goodness it has been so very long! Now I don't feel so bad. lol But, it is SO good to hear from you! Sounds like you're having no difficulty keeping yourself busy...do you ever long for quiet days?? Congrats on the beautiful foal...oh my gosh, I just LOVE that picture of momma looking at you and nuzzling her baby! She is so loving and proud of her precious one. Makes my heart sing!
Glad you made your annual escape and made it home safe and sound. We are leaving in December for our first ever Caribbean cruise and we're so excited. Can't wait!

aurora said...

It's so good to have you back blogging Sherry! I saw your comment on mine, and thought "HORRAYYYY!!" lol. Glad you have just been busy living the good life. I find it hard to pick up where I left off after being MIA, when so much has happened I've forgotten half of it. Highlights and onward. Congrats on the new facilitator work, it is desperately needed more now then ever.

Shirley said...

You are one busy lady! The vacation looks wonderful, love all the pelicans in the fishing boat. And that photo of The Drama Queen and her baby has to go in your next calendar!

Leah said...

Beautiful filly and of course that Momma is pretty too! Welcome back to the blog world.