Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Thursday 31 December 2020

Wrapping up the strangest year ever!

 I will actually do an update and check in but this was the best tribute to 2020 I could come up with .



If 2020 was a horse

She was a bronc for sure
She started out light and fun
Made us start to trust
Then bolted, bucked, twisted some
and dropped us in the dust
She bit and kicked, we spat and cussed.
Then winded for a bit
we thought she had settled
So we swung back up and tried
And again it all went bust
Looking back we rushed right in that maybe wasn’t fair
If 2020 was a horse she was a chestnut mare!
So as we come to the year end
I will share a thought
If ‘21 is from that same stock
Then don’t rush and take a hit,
Just slow down and take the time, round pen that b*tch a bit.
S.Sikstrom

Happy New Year! Stay Safe!

3 comments:

aurora said...

Very fitting, and true!! Love the ending, surprise! Happy New Year Sherry!!

Cut-N-Jump said...

Happy New Year my friend. Yes 2020 was a hella dumpster fire year. Yes it was definitely a red mare year.

kden said...

Love it!