Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Friday 13 May 2022

Sometimes you just grow a horse for your dog

Lots going on as usual , taught Mental Health first aid, face to face for the first time since 2020! My feet hurt, my voice is shot, I was exhausted, it was wonderful! So much nicer to have the engagement of  people in the same room. I love that we have had the virtual option but this is so much better ! 
My evenings are spent making sure baby has a clean dry bed, hopefully have her outside full time soon ,once the cows are out and the grass is coming on better. Meanwhile, my keen little Frankie is slowly learning patience and manners with the outside horses, but Mystik? he has decided is his, and he is so much better with her, no barking, nipping or trying to herd her, just longing gazes and nose kisses 


 
Until we chat again friends, stay safe

2 comments:

Shirley said...

It's a dog 'n' pony show! Maybe they will have a lifetime bond.

Miss Izzy said...

Nose bump! Lol. Obviously something special there.