Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Friday 23 September 2011

Just Breathe

That is my plan for this weekend. I t has been a very busy past few weeks . And I still have lots to do before fall really takes hold. I will get some of it done. Moving a few horses, delivering Chance to his new home. Maybe some fencing and house keeping if there is time , but the feeling of "pressure" to get everything done right now " is well frankly for the birds! and I my friends am frankly too fat to fly ! So instead , I am going to take a little time to prioritize what absolutely MUST be done . and if the floors don't get swept? Oh well .
Took the dogs for a little walk tonight , and the kittens came to the house to visit .And I ? well I just enjoyed the view
Can I come in?

Tommy Toes , master mouser!

I don't see a pair my size?


My brother in law Marc , being wrapped neatly around the paw of Miss Grey
And of course a few shots of the boys!



Have a wonderful weekend .
And as always,Stay safe!



7 comments:

Jeni said...

Good for you! Enjoy your weekend and if someone complains about the floors not being swept - hand them a broom!

aurora said...

Your animals always look so happy. Good for you for stopping to enjoy the beauty, or better said cuteness, that surrounds you. Housework can wait. Just Breathe, a good reminder.

Jeni's comment made me laugh! There is a saying that goes something like "If you are here to see my house, make an appointment. If you are here to see me, you are welcome any time"

Shirley said...

Yep, the sweeping can wait! It's pretty low on the priority list around here. Tommy Toes looks like he is quite the character.
Hugs to you my friend, hope we get to see you in Red Deer. Janice and I are booked into Motel 6 for Thursday and Friday. Crystal will be there too, sure hope you can make it.

GoLightly said...

Awww, Skeeeter is such an honourary kelpie! Flip waves her paws at handsome Winston, man, he's in FULL glorious coat!
I love this time of year. I hate this time of year. Only in Canada, eh?
Your colours are coming? Ours are starting, which always makes the ending of summer easier to bear.

Cat hair is a condiment:) AND it adds character to the house, mixed with dog hair. Proven Martha Stewart fact.
Love Tommy Toes' picture. He should be a centerfold:)
Thanks for the kitteh pics, nothin' cuter!

Crystal said...

I like Auroras comment, we were just talking about that the other day. I dont worry about housework (much to hubbys dismay) cause I always figure it will be there when I get to it! Sure some cute kittens there!

sally said...

there is nothing better than watching cats ....in play ....or sleep. yours are all very cute

Nicole said...

Yes, breathing is good! And how could you not be wrapped around the finger of those cute little critters!