Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Friday 13 September 2013

Playing the Wild Card

Just  a  quick update  and  bit of  news. Wilder  (FV Wild  Card ) has headed  east  for  a  while.He  will  be  hanging out  with, our  sweet  friend  and  talented artist,  Mel(Almighty  Marshemellow) !
She  has  landed  a  job at  a  very  nice  facility  east of  town,  and  part of  the  perks  are  for  her to have a  horse  there.
She  messaged  me  and asked, and well I do  have  horses  so...
Wilder  actually  belongs ot  my  brother in  law  Marc, but his  back bothers him a  lot  so  he  has  not  been  able  to  work Wilder. Its  a waste  to see  a good  horse  like him  sit  so he  and I  figured  that  was a  perfect  fit  for  Mel,  that and  the  fact she really  likes Wilder .
So  wish  them  luck !  I hope  she  really  enjoys  him !

Now  I  just  have  to  get  my  end in  gear  and  get  some of  mine  worked, oh  yes and  the project  pony(Uncle  Bill's ) and,  and,  and ...
Stay  safe my  friends

5 comments:

Janice said...

Nice he'll get used by someone he takes too. Those foals are just beautys and yes congrats again on Battle of the Breeds....I think it's time the Morgan team infuses some new blood into their team....horses and riders....

Willow said...

Best wishes to Mel and Wilder for happy trails !

Crystal said...

Oh sounds like a perfect match for them both

Unknown said...

Good luck Mel And Wilder!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Report from Mel today;
"Your bronco got a ride around the arena today! 3 laps of quiet walk and a figure 8. You'll be happy to know he is a very eager boy and is pretty much 100% steer-able with legs. Wish I could have gotten pictures but he doesn't stand back for them, so you might have gotten a nose pic! Aha. Lorne, the farm owner you met, said "my goodness he sure goes well for a horse who hasn't been ridden in ages!" You sent me a crazy horse"