Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Tuesday 5 April 2022

Its just a guideline

For years I have said April 1 is our calving start date, lol . There is nothing magic about that date, just typically the weather is on the upswing. 
Well whoever had March 26 in the "how close to April 1 are we gonna get pool " is a winner!  



3 before April 01 but as I said, more of a guideline 
Now we hope for continued good weather and outcomes. 
IN Typical springtime Alberta weather we had some big winds, and a tree we were concerned about fell before we were able to cut it . Hubby and I went out and with the ,super helpful Frankie, surveyed the damages and fixed the fence, upside is it fell just short of the feeder on the other side of the alley so we only had Cactus fence to repair, and he is such a good boy a mouse fence would hold him which takes a little pressure off . 




Then from mud and hard work, to a little R and R , an afternoon at the Ballet with my niece Tara. 


It's all about Balance this life! 
Stay well  until we meet again 

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Cute photo with Frankie and the calf. Good thing that tree didn't do too much damage!

GoLightly said...

A day in your life makes me want to have a nap, or several. What a day!!
LOL at Frankie's earnest, quizzical expression of "Can I keeps this treefalled"??😊❤

Good luck with calving season!

Beauitful dress you're wearing, you clean up real good ❤

sigh. WHY do my emoji-thingy hearts be blacked??
The mysteries of the keyboard...

aurora said...

Calving is a busy(er) time. Glad you take time for R & R!