Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Tuesday 22 March 2022

In my Mexico pictures I dropped a little hint about something I began working on while I was there. Will it become something more? time will tell but for now ,here is a little snippet. "
"In the beginning it was easy, it often is. We are born with open hearts and minds like blank canvas. The colours of our family and experience begin to paint what will become the canvas of our lives, personality, our fears, biases, judgment, capacity for compassion and empathy. Who we become.
Until we meet again friends, stay safe

5 comments:

aurora said...

I cannot wait to learn more about this project!!

GoLightly said...

And a beautiful journal to write in! Win-win!

Shirley said...

Aha! Another book in the making!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Thanks all, its a bit of a different one this time but hopefully it will turn out

Miss Izzy said...

Beautiful book for writing in. Sounds like a vacay well spent.