Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Tuesday 3 May 2022

I swear I am really back! just a little busier than I thought

 Hi friends, I am here, I have been working lots and keeping busy trying to keep the baby clean and dry in this wet weird spring, as soon as the mud dries up she will be going out but meanwhile its a daily bed "change". I am earing my cornflakes and I need to remember  to wear gloves as I burned right past irritation to a burst blister and bloody thumb on Sunday . But all things considered I am pretty happy. with how spring of 2022 is going .

I am attending as an alumni at an Equine assisted learning program this week, presenting tomorrow on self care and boundaries. Also I received a beautiful birthday gift from a fellow practitioner and friend Bev pictured below. I am truly blessed . I turned 55 yesterday and spent the day doing my favorite things, hanging with critters and eating cake lol. Family was over on Sunday to visit so I am  making it a week long affair. But enough about me, I will leave you with these photos and head off to cvatch up on what everyone else is doing












5 comments:

Miss Izzy said...

Baby Absynth looks utterly "thrilled" about the halter. 😆 The dogs seem to be having a blast in the pond.

aurora said...

What a rewarding honor to present at the Equine program!

Happy Birthday!! I always celebrate all week :))

Shirley said...

Happy double nickels!
Looks like a good and healthy calf crop, and the foal is adorable. Will her name get shortened to Abby?

Miss Izzy said...

Happy Birthday! Miss Queenager! Lol 😆

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes, and yep, unenthused but willing so I will take it. Shirley I have a niece named Abby so I am currently calling her Mistyk or Missy