Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Sunday 17 July 2022

Joining up and Hey Shirley! She is here!

SO it seemed time last week to put the little girls together, Mystik has been looking for a playmate and Calypso seemed mature enough to keep up so we did just that. Very different personalities, these two, Mystik, sweet and brave, Calypso very shy but gentle. It is taking some time but they are doing well together and slowly venturing away from moms to engage a little .









Mystik also was showing off her "power take off" 



And because I thought I had already posted the other photos, I have kind of buried the lead...
Welcome the last Foal for 2022 at Fern Valley! ,and if you are wondering why neither mom nor babe look like an Appy , its because they are Quarter Horses. Martins mare (I never did figure out how exactly that happened lol but he loves her so that is fine AV Doc's Baby , and her filly by Hollywood Olenadunit

I poosted this photo taken last evening, and made a comment that she needed to foal soon as she looked ready to bust. NO sooner did I post but we went out to check and ...
tada! 













Playing with Names but the first thing that popped to mind was "Baby's gone Hollywood" barn name Babe, but the little white feather marking has me wondering 



 

3 comments:

aurora said...

Nice for foals to have others their size-ish to play with. Martins new baby is a cutie!

Linda said...

You have a beautiful foal crop! How sweet to see them play together as they grow up. That's as natural as it gets. Your new QH has great lineage!

Miss Izzy said...

Awe! Love the baby pics! Pic #5 looks like someone is working on their Spanish Walk. Lol