Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Sunday 18 March 2012

Anticipation

Feeling somehow ,on edge lately, not in a bad way , just there is so much  coming  in my life, just around the corner. I just can't help but want to run right at it !
Mid March, the snow is melting, and yet we are expecting some  more in the next day or so sigh. The temps are warming up and spring seems just outside our grasp. 
April will be here in no time ,and the start of calving season 
 (nosh nosh,  go away! eating for 2 here! ) 
And with it photo ops galore! 
(Calf whisperer Winston from 2011)

Then The Mane Event ! 
where hopefully I will be selling  both Telling Tails , and my new book Tails trails and Campfire Stories! 
Sent the final edits this weekend and the book is off to the printers! Yay! 
Spent a little time gathering supplies for the event this weekend (told you I am excited) 
made some  labels for bags,too expensive for my little venture to have printed bags (you have to order  2-500) but the packaging store has these if you  aren't set on a color or style in batches of 20 for cheap. SO I just made my own labels! I prefer the paper bags as they are more environmentally friendly .

Following the Mane Event , we will be watching for new foals. 

(last years glories!)

We have a wedding to attend this summer , and my plans for Phoenix to finalize  .The the hay and  and, and,
Is it any wonder I am wanting to run straight at spring? 
 Stay Safe and warm 

11 comments:

kden said...

Full steam ahead! I love the paper bags too.

Cheyenne said...

You must be full to the brim with excitement! I am for you!

Unknown said...

good post. Now you can use this wholesalers directory to promote packaging bags import & export business.

sally said...

I love the bags and by golly gosh you do have a busy time ahead ....take each day as it comes. Things have a way of working themselves out. (must remind myself to take own advice!!!)Stay warm

Crystal said...

Wow that sounds like so much fun coming up this summer.

aurora said...

Lotsa exciting stuff coming your way, enjoy!!

Nicole said...

We're finally getting rain. I was afraid we wouldn't get any! And Winston is so cute!

Linda said...

I love the bags! I want to run into spring too but today we've had more winter than we've had ALL winter;)

Cut-N-Jump said...

Running straight at it or as fast as you can away from it? Either one is understandable and acceptable. Sheesh woman, you have got a lot on your plate!

The bags look great and I'm sure the book will be too.

GoLightly said...

Can't hardly wait for any and all updates! I hope your books sell like hot-cakes, and that calves and colts pics will be on the net soon!

and any various and sundry Johnny-pin-up shots, of course.
Haven't seen him for AGES!!
;)
Okay, I just looked at him. But STILL!

We have a 23 degree day going here. celcius. HOT!! sunny! everything is full-steam-ahead spring!

Janice said...

You sound like you are stoked for adventure. I love the bags and the personal touch. Can't wait for your babies. I'll be sending for that book.Isn't it supposed to be the first day of Spring....not here we are full on Winter...I'm glad I don't have anything giving birth.