Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Thursday 15 March 2012

Fridays for sale

I mentioned after last weekend I was planning to re start my Fridays for sale posts. Some other bloggers have also stated they are going to do the same , so if you want to post a For sale item , email me , or post it on your own blog and let me know in the comments. I will link to all the blogs that have items for sale , and if we each do something similar , maybe through networking  we can match people up with stuff they need.
First up for me are my 2 English saddles
1. Passier General Purpose 17"




This an older saddle that has seen some use , but is in good condition. I purchased it a few years ago, when it seemed FV Canadian Classic , might be staying and I had a brief flirtation with the idea I would possible ride English again. Lucky for me she sold as I need to realize I cannot keep them all, Ahh but she was a lovely girl!
Exact measurements of the  saddle I can  get on request . Also every Passier is stamped with a serial # a quick email to Passier and sons will give the exact info on the saddle, all specs and the year it was made .
Asking $300cdn

The cool thing, I think about used tack is,if it is made well( and Passier and sons do know how to build a saddle) Age is a bonus , well cared for used tack is often more comfortable, and  pliable. And for  new people comng into the industry far less cost prohibitive than new .
For the industry to  bounce back and continue to grow we need those new folks  badly, but we need to  educate them and keep them safe as  well and  selling good quality tack at reasonable prices is a good start.Or people who are already in the industry looking to try something new or , for lessons etc . Used is a great option as well . So I am dusting off the stuff I don't use and we will see if there is someone out there who will get use out of it .
As I said feel free to join in , post on your own blog andI will link to it, post in the comments and we can share or email me at fernvalleyappaloosas@hotmail.ca and I will feature your item here!
Have a great weekend ! Stay safe and warm

Links to other sales 
Super Size My Cob sales page

6 comments:

Reddunappy said...

Nice!

Alas I too gave up thoughts of riding huntseat again. I recently sold my Corbette classic for $350. at a new little tack and feed store that opened up 3 miles from my house. (It is also out in the county and about 5 miles or so from town, makes it pretty convenient, especially with gas prices how they are!!)
I still have my daughters barrel saddle, my Crates reiner, and a Tex Tan western saddle. 3 horses 3 saddles right? LOL
I do still have my hunt saddle I got for my birthday when I was 14. Just cant bear to part with it, its a little no name late 70's argentine, but has been good on every horse I have had it on. Even the Shetland! Had to get the Corbette 17" for my older daughter, because she is 5'10", she is tall! with long legs, and the little saddle was looking kinda funny with her in it! LOL

I would rather shop for bits than jewelry! LOL

Jeni said...

Beautiful all purpose! I'd like to join your Friday's for sale. Here are my sale items:

http://supersizemycob.blogspot.com/p/sale-items.html

Nice hunter/jumper girth - New condition and 50% off retail is listed there.

Margaret said...

This is a great idea! I will be sure to "shop" around here on Fridays. :)

Cut-N-Jump said...

Alas the tack seems to breed on it's own and suddenly we have so much stuff we can't remember when, where or even why we bought some of it.

I am liking the look of the Passier and as you said, if it is built well and taken care of, it can last a long, long time. I am hoping my mare does not widen out and force me to give up my saddles and start the hunt for something new to accomodate her. Holy hell if that happens.

Off to look around at some of the other blogs listed...

Cut-N-Jump said...

Oh and reddunappy-

>I would rather shop for bits than jewelry! LOL<

ME TOO!

Crystal said...

oops I forgot it was Friday! Yikes days just keep slipping by. If I didnt already have an English saddle I will snap that up cause it looks like a good one. I will be for sure up next week.