Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Up and away, and kisses for my Arse!

Well, FV A Shocking  Comet is away today , off to his new life in Saskatchewan! It took some time for transport to be arranged and his new folks were feeling badly about that ,till I explained I was fine with him being here as long as he needed. The hauler arrived today , a little concerned that this was Comets first trailer ride . He stated , he has never left without a horse, but has had some tricky times getting them in the trailer . He  was expecting a little "fun" as he put it and a bit of time . Well he left here a card carrying member of the Fern Valley  Fan club! Took all of 3 minutes from pen to  in the trailer ! No muss no fuss, Comet led up, looked in and got on! That's my boy! we raise 'em smart !! (Actually I strongly believe that the fact we wean indoors and lead them in and out of the barn the first winter plays a huge role, they are used to  changing lighting and footing so stepping into a darker trailer is not an issue ) Just  got an update and he has arrived safely and they are thrilled ! Good luck little man!!!
Then there is this beautiful boy . Affectionately known here as "Angelas Arse" or in my heart "my Arse "
Eurus has injured himself and is looking at a fairly lengthy recovery . His critical  care is managed  now but for his "nursing care " he will be coming home to me .I am sad  that he is hurt, but will be pleased to care for him again .
So Saturday morning I will be heading up to get him, and so our energetic overachiever Dr Oakley  is not forced to take up knitting  for the next couple of months ,Miss Cat (FV Catch a Dream ) or whoa dammit , will be heading up  for her to ride. The injury was a freak accident and it is actually a very nice and safe facility ! So we are trading for a time . Good for Eurus , good for Angela, good for Cat, and me ! 

Lastly ,the calendars are here for 2013 ,if you are interested in one ,please  just email me at fernvalleyappaloosas@hotmail.ca . One  cool thing about where I had them done is that  rather than shipping form here for  USA customers I can  just have the company send it directly ! Quicker and  way cheaper!

Anyhow hope all is well with all of you . Stay safe and warm!

7 comments:

aurora said...

You always come up with the best blog titles! Sorry to hear about Arse, he will be in good hands ~ wishing him a full recovery! Wow, Cat is a good lookin' well-built girl!!

Jeni said...

It all works out doesn't it =)

I LOVE Cat too!!! She is GORGEOUS!

Crystal said...

Good Comet. I found to that when I led mine inside and in stalls and out it seemed that trailer loading was also a non issue, sure is nice that way. Glad he made it home and they will love him!!!
Poor Arse, but nice to have him back for a bit and perfect opportunity for you and Cat as well.

GoLightly said...

Hooray for Comet and his cleverness, thanks to the FV School of Being a Good Boy. Excellent!!

I wish I'd had an aunt like YOU growing up, man, oh man. Need a horse to ride? Sure hon! (sigh)
Sorry to hear about Your Arse, but at least he is guaranteed the best of everything:)

It'll be great for Cat to have a job!

Janice said...

It always amazes me and reminds me how something so big and powerful can be injured ....sometimes quite easily.He will certainly be in capable hands. Glad Comet made it to his new home hassle free...no suprise here that he was a good fellow.... I would have been suprised if he wasn't...all comes from excellent upbringing.

Margaret said...

Your Apps are really some of the most beautiful I have ever seen.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Thanks all,I am very proud of my gang of good minded ponies,and I thik they are beautiful too. Thanks also Aurora, I try to pick a catchy line to title the blog, I don't always get it,but this one was fun and easy