Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Thursday 20 June 2013

while we are waiting ...

for  the rains  to  stop, for flooding in  southern Alberta to ease, for  news of  friends and  family who may be affected  by Mother  Natures "dark side"
And  for the  foals to come (which I am  okay with waiting till there is  warmer drier  weather  for I read  the forecast to Richie and suggested Saturday)
I thought I would  snap a  couple pics  of last years  little guy .Harley has  come a  long  way from



To now , still a  cute fellow , but  certainly growing  up! 


 "Holy Hair  Harley"


Anyhow  that is  all  for  today . Prayers  for all affected  by the storms and  flooding , and to all , stay safe!

5 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I keep watching the news and seeing the terrible floods and hoping all will be safe. I am glad you are OK. My prayers are with all affected. AAAWWWWW so sweet. Hug B

Unknown said...

He kind of looks like he should be on a Harley with all that hair.

Fires and flooding...what next. Prayers to all.

Cut-N-Jump said...

Hoping the mare holds out for good weather and picks a beautiful day to foal.

Nicole said...

Look at those lovely babies!

Shirley said...

I think Gussie has competition in the prettiest red mane category! Harley is looking pretty good, should be a stout boy when he's all growed up.