Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Thursday 21 May 2015

More of the same


 Watching Henry grow, and wrap everyone he meets around his paw.

 Getting some critters out on to the green grass




 And taking some pictures 
I celebrated my Birthday , and the next week we had a get together to celebrate dad's birthday and Mothers day.




I have a few little projects on the go but nothing major at this point. Cat and Andee are home, and I have a mare in for breeding.I wont be breeding my mares till a little later in the year, as always I prefer to have the cattle done calving and out before foals start arriving . The calves are  being treated this weekend then whatever is left to calve will stay in and the bulk of the herd will be heading out to pasture. Hopefully then I will start getting more of the stuff I want to do done ... or not, we will just go with the flow and see where the spring takes me 

Meanwhile a couple of videos of Henry to hold us over till I have something more to write about




 stay safe!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, and glad all is well!

kden said...

Happy Birthday. Your Dad looks quite dapper. Can't believe how much Henry has grown and boy is he full of energy :)

C-ingspots said...

I must have missed something - is this your birthday Sherry? Well, I hope you have a very Happy birthday if that's the case!! And to your dad as well!! Glad all is well, and you're enjoying life and keeping busy...as usual, Henry & Winston are just too adorable for words!!

Janice Grinyer said...

Happiest birthday, Fernvie! Looks like everything is "springing" out your way, and your photos as usual are gorgeous :) even the one of your Pop! (love the hat!!!!) xoxo

GoLightly said...

I haven't seen Johnny galloping for a while, your top shot always makes me smile.
Your more of the same, makes my same all the more :)
Hello to the west!

scritches to all <3