Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Trying to come back

I have been away from the blog all summer. Well not really, I popped on from time to time to read others and every time I opened the blog, there was Johnny as a Header shot and , It simply did me in. I thought about closing the blog. Then I thought ,I would just take some time. On some good advice I changed the header picture. And then I just decided to be patient with myself. I don't know if I will ever get back to writing as prolifically as I did on the blog in the past , but for now I feel ready to come back and try.

Oddly this first post will be again a memorial of sorts. But it is what it is. I was checking horses one morning last week and came upon a beautiful sunrise. I was moved by it to write this poem.

On a cool autumn morning
Just past the dawn
With the sun breaking through
And the mist not yet gone
I open my eyes
To start of day
The webs of the night
Still fading away
In my wondering eyes
Now comes into view
The magical creatures
And loves that I knew
A glimpse, for a flash
And then they are gone
Yet to me it is proof
That the love does live on
In that magical time
At the breaking of day
They visit with me
But are not meant to stay
A fleeting gift
Not one to hold on
Just food for my soul,
and heart to stay strong 

SO there we go. A new post and a new beginning. Lots to talk about from the summer, and hopefully I will do just that. 
For those who are still checking in and following me, thank you. I have missed this community ! 
Stay safe my friends

8 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Lovely poem. I hope you do feel a new beginning. I know that when grief gets a strong hold of you, it's hard to feel anything beyond what grief itself makes you feel.

Ami said...

I'm glad to 'see' you again.
Write when you feel like it.
And I love the poem.

Mrs Shoes said...

I feel for you, truly. Some losses we never get over, we just learn to live with them. :-(

aurora said...

What a beautiful photo & poem, and fitting way for a reflective beginning. Always love hearing from you!! Who is the beautiful appy on your new header?

Unknown said...

it's hard to feel anything beyond what grief itself makes you feel.


จอมเวทย์มหากาฬ

Crystal said...

Lovely poem and we miss you too. Glad to see you back

kden said...

Beautiful picture and poem to match. I have a FB page for our dog who passed after Christmas and haven't been able to delete it yet, but I think it's time now.

Shirley said...

Don't know how I missed this post......
Glad you are keeping the blog going. It is a more personal space than FB.