Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Wednesday 9 February 2022

What about Caterpillars

 Everyone talks about butterflies

The are the prettiestBut what about the caterpillars?The plain little ones that inch alongUnseenUnnoticedUnimportant?But wait if, it wasn’t for caterpillars, who would be the butterflies?Where would they come from?Caterpillars do all the hard workI think caterpillars are beautiful
Sherry Sikstrom 

5 comments:

Ami said...

I love those little guys. But when I have to say the word out loud, I have to slow down and be very deliberate. Lyssa called them Cattlepidders for the LONGEST time... and I still want to say it her way. :)

Thanks for bringing up that memory for me.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

thank you, funny I struggle and had to force myself not to call them calapitters

aurora said...

I like caterpillars too and try to make sure they are out of danger so they can come into their own butterflyness.

kden said...

I haven't seen any in years; maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

Miss Izzy said...

Caterpillars are beautiful in their own way. Kinda like the ugly ducklings that later turn into swans. ☺😇