Welcome to Fern Valley

Here in central Alberta prime farm country,my husband Martin and I work together raising beef cattle and Appaloosa horses. Fern valley appaloosas have long been known for their quality of temperament conformation and color.I have recently rediscovered a love of writing and have published 2 collections of poetry. "Telling Tails" and Tails Trails and Campfire stories" . I look forward to a future spreading my wings as an author and as a horse woman .

Tuesday 28 April 2020

I like love stories

So a “few”years ago I went to a party for a friend. While we were there setting up (because that’s what country gals do) another friend, Sam showed up. He said “I brought you something “ and held out a case of beer.He also said this is Martin, pointing to his friend. I said hello and put the beer in the fridge and carried on helping to set up. It wasn’t until much later in the evening, having danced with Martin and talked to this very sweet and shy man a few times that Sam said “I brought him here to meet you“ it’s probably important to know that you should never shock me with this type of new information in the middle of a polka. We nearly had a wreck. The evening carried on and I was mildly uncomfortable with the fact that I had been set up on a blind date but I rolled with it. That was nearly 21 years ago.
We had a little bit of a slow start, with a couple of conversations that just about had a “Sherry sized hole in a plate glass window” because I was a bit gun shy. But eventually this sweet quiet man got my attention and held on. He seemed to take my cavalier smart assed attitude in stride, and I found eventually instead of turning away he was who I turned to. This is the man who on the day after I yelled and swore at him while watching my beloved first golden retriever, Tucker struggle and pass, me t me after work with some fuzzy pink slippers complete with glittery toenails, and an engagement ring tucked inside. Like I said he takes all that I am in stride. ( By the way I said yes obviously)
The rest is as they say history. We have had some wonderful adventures, and some sad scary times but ultimately he is still who I turn to. Today we celebrate 19 years married, and I look forward to all our adventures to come. I am still a smart ass and he is still taking it all in stride.
Happy Anniversary to us!
Tell me your love story
 As always , stay safe friends 


7 comments:

Ami said...

Happy Anniversary!
What a lovely story.
Sometimes I see a couple who were so obviously meant to be together that it's amazing. And then you get to know their story and it's a miracle they ended up in the same place at the same time. As if it was meant to be, ya know?

I have a good one, too. And it's another 'wow, how could that possibly happen' story. I may even write it someday. :)

Shirley said...

Awww that's such a great story! Happy anniversary!

aurora said...

I believe the most solid relationships are opposites who attract and compliment each others weaknesses and strengths. Brad & I are also opposites, with core similarities that we approach very differently and balance each other out. It is truly special. Happy celebrating the Anniversary of your beautiful love story!!

kden said...

Such a sweet story. Happy Anniversary!

Cut-N-Jump said...

Sometimes when we stop looking is when we find them. Kind of right under our noses where we lose everything. He's definitely a Keeper! Lol.

Wishing you two the Bestest, Happiest Anniversary and many more to come!

Aqur Printing Jakarta said...

The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Jasa Fotocopy Murah 24 di Jakarta wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)
1. Jasa Fotocopy 24 Jam

Leah said...

ahhh happy belated wedding anniversary!!